Saturday, January 14, 2006

Introduction

Well, I have been looking at blogs for a few days now and I love them! I truly feel as though I have nothing to add and don't really know anyone who would read this, but what the heck!! I have 2 girls, ages 6 and 2 and I am currently pregnant. We live in a rural community and we homeschool. My husband and I have never really considered sending the kids to public (or private) school. I started Kindergarten with my 6 year old in the fall and we have been truly eclectic from the beginning. Although unschooling is not a term I use lightly, I find myself more of an unschooler than anything else. One of the blogs I have been checking out (a really good one!) uses the "classical unschooler" term and that pretty much describes us! I do feel as though it is important to note that "unschooling" is not "non-teaching" for us, although many people think of it that way. I use lesson plans, we DO work but we also LIVE and learn. Because we live "in the country" I find Charlotte Mason interesting and utilize some of her methods. Again, we are eclectic, so we pick and choose what works for us! I am just getting the hang of "blog" life and hope to learn how to post all the links I like and use. So, here's to learning!!

No comments: