Monday, February 06, 2006

Update

Well, we are going to participate in the Great Backyard Bird Count! It sounds fun. It's from Feb 17-20. I have requested some bird watching books from the library and going to purchase bird seed. http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc/ Our Science unit for the next 2 weeks will be Birds so we can get familiar with bird watching and the types of birds in our area.

We finished Mr. Popper's Penguins and Alyssa enjoyed it. We have started Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary and it has L-O-N-G chapters! We just started and got through chapter 1 (41 pages!) so far. I remember reading the Ramona books when I was a child and liked them very much. Alyssa likes this one so far, she is not concerned about the long chapters because she could listen all day! I just purchased Favorite Poems: Old and New and The Random House Book of Fairy Tales which we will be starting this week. One of my old faves is The Emperor's New Clothes and Alyssa is excited to hear it.

Co-op will be starting for us this week. We did not participate in Co-op last semester and I think Alyssa is ready to go back. However, during this Co-op I will be delivering the baby so it should be interesting! This semester's theme is Kings, Queens and Knights which I think will be fun. This theme is more in tune with Alyssa's interests. She can't wait to dress up as a princess at the Medieval Faire!

I think that is our latest, we are still doing gymnstics and both girls look forward to going each week. I'll try and keep up this week!

No comments: