Monday, February 09, 2009

What's Today?

January? Nope, don't remember it. Seriously? It's February already? Wow.

Our January started with a mini vacation to Kansas City for a little fun. We visited Paradise Park Family Fun and Adventure and had a really fun time. We arrived home and it quickly became clear that we were ill and it was going to spread like wildfire through all of us. It did. From Aunties to Grannies, our family was ill. It lasted seven days for poor Victor. In the end, it ate up three weeks of our lives. Once recovered, we felt ready to get back to business. And then the ice storm hit.

We lost electricity on Tuesday at 11 am. I was ready...I had most everything we needed to get by. We borrowed wood and are grateful it was available, for EIGHT days! We huddled by the fireplace and spent the week and a day living without luxuries and had a blast. We played tons of games, did dozens of puzzles and had fun learning ways to get by without all the electrical things we had been taking for granted. It was quite a bit of fun and a great way to spend eight days. I recommend it.


Now it's nine days into February and I'm B-hind with a capital B! The lesson plan I ordered is lost in transit or something, it's late and I have all the other materials I need for the year. We'll be studying the Middle Ages this session and I think we're going to have lots of fun. Alyssa's interest is high and I am looking forward to it too. I'm starting Living Learning Books Science Curriculum with Gwen. I used it with Alyssa and we liked it a lot. It's EASY to use and makes my life a little simpler. Lots of books, good for us.


Meet the Sheriff...Sheriff of a little town known as Coldroom...tragically deemed unnecessary on February 4th, 2009 when power was restored and the blanket walls fell.

1 comment:

SapphireSavvy said...

Too cool. Sorry I am so late in catching up on this!